no fucking license

by Year

SapphicFX.

Popular Posts

Something's wrong
Something's wrong

We can't seem to find the page you are looking for, we'll fix that soon but for now you can return to the home page

Bookmark

Why A Simple Favor 2 Is Peak Lesbian Chaos in 2025


 A Simple Favor 2 Is the Lesbian Coded Masterpiece 2025 Deserved

Okay, let’s just say it out loud: A Simple Favor 2 (officially titled Another Simple Favor) is the gayest straight movie I’ve seen in years, and I’m absolutely living for it.

If you thought the first movie in 2018 was already dripping with lesbian tension between Blake Lively’s ice-queen Emily and Anna Kendrick’s nervous-wreck Stephanie, honey, you haven’t seen anything yet. The sequel turns that subtext up to eleven and practically shoves it in your face with glittery stilettos. And before anyone comes at me with “it’s not canon!!” – babe, queer coding has been a thing since the Hays Code days. Sometimes the hottest lesbian stories are the ones they can’t say out loud… but trust me, this movie screams it.

The plot? Chaos, as it should be. Stephanie (Anna Kendrick, still serving anxious bisexual energy on a silver platter) is now married to… guess who? Emily Nelson herself (Blake Lively, looking like a walking Vogue cover who murders people for fun). Yes, you read that right – they got MARRIED in Italy between movies. The film literally opens with their wedding footage. I had to pause and scream into a pillow. The sapphic gods have answered our prayers.

They’re living their best rich lesbian life on a private island until – plot twist – Emily gets accused of murdering her new husband (Henry Golding, back and hotter than ever, sorry not sorry). Cue the martinis, the double-crossing, the wardrobe that should be illegal, and enough tension between Stephanie and Emily that you’ll need a cold shower by minute 40.

Here’s the thing the straights aren’t ready to hear: this entire franchise only works because of the lesbian electricity between these two women. The murder mystery? Cute. The twists? Fine. But the real engine of both movies is the push-pull between Emily – dominant, untouchable, dripping in “I’ll ruin your life and you’ll thank me” energy – and Stephanie – submissive, obsessed, ready to burn the world down for one smirk from her wife. It’s textbook high-femme/low-femme lesbian dynamics and I’m eating it with a spoon.


Blake Lively is leaning so hard into the lesbian villain vibe that I half-expected her to wink at the camera and say “yes, queen” every time she lied to the police. And Anna Kendrick? Girl is playing the ultimate useless lesbian who would literally help hide a body if Emily asked nicely. Their chemistry is so intense it feels illegal in some countries.

Let’s talk fashion for a second because oh my GOD. Emily’s suits? Tailored to perfection, giving “I could step on you and you’d apologize” energy. Stephanie’s little cardigans and pleated skirts? Pure “I’m trying to be the good girl but I’m one text away from committing felony for her” aesthetic. The costume designer knew exactly what the lesbians in the audience came for.

And the supporting cast? Michelle Buteau is back stealing every scene. The new additions – Alex Newell, Elena Sofia Ricci, Michele Morrone – all serve, but let’s be honest, we’re only here for Blake and Anna eye-fucking across Italian villas while pretending to solve a murder.

Is the plot ridiculous? Yes. Do the twists make zero sense if you think about them for more than three seconds? Absolutely. Does it matter? Not even a little bit when you have two gorgeous women basically playing the most toxic lesbian couple in cinema history and making it look like fine art.

Look, I’m not saying Paul Feig sat down and said “let’s make the gayest sequel possible.” But between the wedding, the constant touching, the “I’d die for you/I’d kill for you” dialogue, and the fact that literally no one cares about the men in this movie… what else am I supposed to think?

A Simple Favor 2 isn’t just a good sequel – it’s a love letter to every lesbian who ever watched the first one and thought “they should just kiss already.” They didn’t kiss (yet… give it another sequel), but trust me, you’ll leave the theater feeling very seen.

So yeah, go watch it. Bring your girlfriend. Bring your situationship. Bring that girl you’re not technically dating but would definitely help her hide a body. This one’s for us.

Lesbian rating: 11/10. Would commit light treason for Emily Nelson.

(Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to rewatch the wedding scene on repeat until I physically combust.)

Post a Comment

Post a Comment