no fucking license

by Year

SapphicFX.

Popular Posts

Something's wrong
Something's wrong

We can't seem to find the page you are looking for, we'll fix that soon but for now you can return to the home page

Bookmark

A Holiday I Do (2023): Lesbian Holiday Charm

A Holiday I Do (2023) LESBIAN

 

Hey everyone, welcome back to my blog! If you're like me, a total sucker for feel-good holiday movies with a queer twist, then you're in for a treat. Today, I'm diving deep into A Holiday I Do (2023), this adorable lesbian rom-com that's got all the Christmas magic you could want, but with a sapphic spin that makes it stand out. As a lesbian who's watched way too many straight Hallmark flicks wishing for more representation, this one hit right in the feels. It's cute, it's kitschy, and it's got that heartwarming vibe that screams "holiday binge-watch." Let's break it down from my perspective – no spoilers if I can help it, but plenty of gushing over why this film is a must-see for the LGBTQ+ crowd.

A Holiday I Do (2023) LESBIAN

First off, let's talk about the plot without giving too much away. A Holiday I Do follows Jane, a single mom running a horse farm in a small town – total country girl energy. Her ex-husband is getting remarried, and enter Sue, the sophisticated wedding planner who's all city glam and zero nonsense. Sparks fly, and before you know it, we're in full-on lesbian romance territory, complete with Christmas lights, family drama, and that inevitable "will they or won't they" tension. From a lesbian viewpoint, it's refreshing to see a story where the queer element isn't a side plot; it's the heart of the movie. No coming-out struggles or tragedy here – just pure, joyful lesbian love blooming during the most wonderful time of the year.

What I love most is how it flips the script on traditional holiday tropes. Instead of the usual guy-meets-girl, we get this beautiful lesbian dynamic between two women from different worlds. Jane's down-to-earth charm clashes perfectly with Sue's polished style, creating chemistry that's electric. As someone who's dated both tomboys and femmes, I totally relate to that push-pull attraction. It's like the film is saying, "Hey, lesbians deserve their own holiday happily-ever-after too!" And honestly, in 2023, it's about time.

The Charming Lesbian Leads Who Steal the Show

Oh man, the cast! Lindsay Hicks as Jane is spot-on – she's got that rugged, horse-loving vibe that makes you root for her from the start. And Rivkah Reyes as Sue? Absolute fire. Their on-screen connection feels so real, like they've got that undeniable lesbian spark that jumps off the screen. From a lesbian perspective, it's empowering to see women like this leading the charge in a genre that's often so heteronormative.

Supporting characters add layers too – the kids are adorable without being annoying, and the ex-husband's subplot brings just enough drama to keep things interesting. But let's be real, the real stars are the lesbian leads. Their banter is witty, their moments tender, and yeah, there's some steamy tension that had me smiling like an idiot. If you're a fan of slow-burn romances, this one's for you. It reminds me of why I fell in love with films like Carol – that subtle, building passion that's so authentically queer.

A Holiday I Do (2023) LESBIAN

Lesbian Twists on Classic Holiday Tropes

Now, if you've watched any holiday movie, you know the drill: snow-covered towns, mistletoe kisses, family gatherings gone wrong. A Holiday I Do nails all that, but with a lesbian lens that makes it fresh. Imagine the classic "fake dating" or "enemies to lovers" but between two women – it's genius! The film doesn't shy away from the cheesiness; it embraces it, turning potential clichés into charming nods to the genre.

From my viewpoint as a lesbian viewer, what sets this apart is the inclusivity. It's family-friendly, meaning no explicit content, but the emotional depth is there. You get those heartfelt conversations about love, identity, and second chances that resonate deeply in the queer community. Plus, the Christmas setting amplifies everything – twinkling lights mirroring the spark between Jane and Sue. It's like a warm hug on a cold night, reminding us that lesbian stories can be just as magical and mainstream as any other.

Why Every Lesbian Should Watch This Film

Alright, let's get personal. As a lesbian, I've spent years scouring for content that reflects my experiences, and A Holiday I Do delivers. It's not perfect – some plot points are predictable, and it could dive deeper into character backstories – but the joy it brings outweighs any flaws. In a world where queer media often leans dark or dramatic, this lighthearted romp is a breath of fresh air. It's empowering to see lesbian happiness front and center, especially during the holidays when family and love are top of mind.

The film's on Tello Films, a platform dedicated to lesbian and queer women's stories, which is awesome for supporting indie creators. If you're planning a cozy night in with your partner or friends, pop this on with some hot cocoa. Trust me, it'll leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

A Holiday I Do (2023) LESBIAN

A Lesbian Holiday Must-See for the Season

Wrapping this up (pun intended), A Holiday I Do is more than just another holiday flick – it's a celebration of lesbian love in all its glory. Whether you're a die-hard rom-com fan or just dipping your toes into queer cinema, this one's worth your time. It proves that holiday magic isn't reserved for straight couples; we get our share too. So, grab your blanket, hit play, and let the feels wash over you.

What did you think of the movie? Drop a comment below, and if you want more reviews like this,

Post a Comment

Post a Comment