Why Every Lesbian Needs to Watch “The Feels” (2017) Right Now
Hey girls, gather around because I need to talk about a movie that legitimately lives in my head rent-free years later: The Feels (2017). If you’ve never heard of it, it’s that super cute, super real lesbian rom-com directed by Jenée LaMarque that flew way too under the radar. And honestly? That’s a crime. This little indie gem deserves way more love in the lesbian community.
The plot is simple but genius: Andi (Constance Wu) and Lu (Angela Trimbur) are the picture-perfect lesbian couple about to get married. They throw a bachelorette weekend in a gorgeous wine-country house with their chaotic friend group. Everything is wine, laughter, cute outfits… until someone asks the most dangerous question at a lesbian gathering: “Have you ever had an orgasm from penetrative sex alone?”
Cue total meltdown.
Andi casually drops that she’s actually never had an orgasm… ever. Not once. Not with Lu, not with anyone. And just like that, the whole weekend turns into this raw, hilarious, messy exploration of sex, intimacy, insecurities, and what it actually means to be in a long-term lesbian relationship.
Here’s why this movie hit me (and every lesbian I’ve forced to watch it) right in the chest:
1. It’s painfully relatable
Let’s be real – how many of us have sat in a circle with our queer friends, a little too drunk, oversharing about our sex lives? The Feels feels like someone secretly filmed one of those nights. The awkward silences, the sudden oversharing, the way one confession snowballs into everyone questioning their entire relationship – it’s all there.
2. The lesbian representation is chef’s kiss
No tragic deaths. No “one of them is actually straight” nonsense. No male gaze. Just women loving women, arguing like women, supporting each other like women do. Andi and Lu feel like a real couple you’d actually meet at a lesbian bar in Silver Lake or Brooklyn. The friend group? Total found-family vibes.
3. Constance Wu and Angela Trimbur have insane chemistry
I’m still not over how good they are together. You believe they’ve been in love for years. The way Lu looks at Andi when she thinks no one’s watching? Dead. The quiet moments where they’re just holding hands on the couch? I felt that in my gay little soul.
4. It’s funny AND deep
This movie made me laugh out loud (the talent show scene? the nipple pasties? I was screaming) but then five minutes later I was ugly-crying because someone said the realest thing about lesbian relationships I’ve ever heard on screen. It never feels preachy – it just feels like your friends are having the conversations you’ve had at 2 a.m. after too much tequila.
5. It’s about more than just orgasms (but also, yes, orgasms)
Yeah, the whole “Andi has never come” thing is the spark, but the movie is really about communication. About how even in the happiest lesbian relationships, we carry shame and fear and weird hang-ups we don’t talk about. About how love isn’t about being perfect for each other – it’s about choosing to figure the mess out together.
If you’re a lesbian who’s ever felt pressure to have “perfect gay sex” or worried you’re letting your partner down or wondered if your relationship is “queer enough” – watch this immediately. I promise you’ll see yourself in it.
Final verdict?
The Feels is the lesbian movie I wish I had when I was 22 and terrified that my first serious girlfriend would figure out I was faking it sometimes. It’s warm, it’s messy, it’s honest, and it’s so deeply gay in the best way possible.
Stream it wherever you can find it (it’s on Prime, Tubi, or just… you know… sail the seas if you have to). Then come back and tell me your favorite scene because I need to scream about this movie with someone.
Have you seen The Feels yet? Which moment wrecked you the most? Drop it in the comments – I read every single one. 🌈
(And yes, I will be recommending this movie to every lesbian I meet until the end of time.)
%20lesbian.jpg)
.webp)
Post a Comment