Why Hazbin Hotel Is the Best Lesbian Show You’re Not Watching Yet
A completely unhinged love letter from one very gay disaster to another
Listen. I’m a lesbian who has spent years scraping the bottom of the queer media barrel hoping to find something that doesn’t make me want to throw my TV out the window. And then Hazbin Hotel dropped like a glitter bomb straight from hell, and suddenly I’m speaking in tongues, crying over demons, and ready to sell my soul to Vivziepop.
Let’s just get the obvious out of the way: Charlie Morningstar and Vaggie are the healthiest, hottest, most heartbreakingly beautiful lesbian couple ever put on screen. Period. End of discussion. You cannot change my mind, and I will die on this hill made of rainbow fire.
Charlie is this sunshine incarnate princess of Hell who believes every sinner deserves redemption, and Vaggie is her ride-or-die girlfriend who would literally burn the world down if anyone looked at Charlie the wrong way. Their dynamic? Chef’s kiss. Charlie is soft dom energy wrapped in optimism and musical numbers, Vaggie is feral guard-dog lesbian with a spear and trust issues. Together they are EVERYTHING.
Season 1 gives us moments that actually made me pause the episode just to scream into a pillow. The way Vaggie looks at Charlie when she’s singing “Ready For This”? That’s not just love, that’s “I would let you ruin my life and thank you for it” energy. The way Charlie never stops believing in Vaggie even when Vaggie is hiding massive secrets? That’s lesbian devotion, baby. That’s “I see your trauma and I’m staying anyway.”
And don’t even get me started on “More Than Anything.” I’m not okay. I will never be okay. That duet is the most romantic thing to happen to lesbians since Carol (2015) existed. The lyrics? The soft touches? The way they hold each other like the world is ending? I’ve watched that scene on repeat so many times I’m scared Amazon Prime is going to send me a welfare check.
But it’s not just Chaggie (though let’s be honest, they carry 90% of my emotional stability). The entire show is dripping in queer energy that feels made for us. Angel Dust is the messy gay best friend every lesbian secretly has. Husk is the grumpy bi disaster we all want to fix. Even Alastor, who is canonically aroace, gives immaculate drag queen energy that makes my gay little heart happy.
And the female characters? Holy shit. Every single one of them is powerful, sexy, complicated, and unapologetic. Cherri Bomb is the chaotic bisexual lesbian icon we deserve. Carmilla Carmine is the terrifying mommy dom vampire lesbian we’re all afraid to admit we want to step on us. Velvette is serving Gen-Z mean lesbian realness. Even Rosie gives classy cannibal lesbian aunt who knows you’re gay before you do.
This show doesn’t just have lesbian representation—it has lesbian excellence. It’s not queerbaiting. It’s not tragic gays. It’s not “one token gay character who dies.” It’s a whole world where being queer is completely normal in Hell (which, let’s be real, is where all the fun gays end up anyway).
As a lesbian who grew up on crumbs—Xena subtext, Rizzoli & Isles “gal pals” nonsense, The L Word drama that aged like milk—Hazbin Hotel feels like coming home. It’s proof that we can have main character energy. We can have healthy relationships. We can have girlfriends who sing to each other and hold hands and say “I love you” without it being a big deal. We can be the main characters of the story.
And the music? Every song slaps so hard I’m speaking in tongues. “Poison” is Angel’s trauma song but it’s also every lesbian who’s ever been in a toxic situationship. “Loser, Baby” is Husk being the supportive bi king we all need. “Hell Is Forever” is Adam being the straight man we all hate. “You Didn’t Know” is the ultimate queer found-family fight song. I have a playlist that is literally just Hazbin songs and I am not ashamed.
The animation is deliciously unhinged, the voice acting is perfect (shoutout to Erika Henningsen as Charlie and Stephanie Beatriz as Vaggie—my bisexual heart can’t take it), and the writing is somehow both completely chaotic and deeply emotional. It’s everything I never knew I needed.
If you’re a lesbian who’s tired of waiting for crumbs, do yourself a favor and watch Hazbin Hotel immediately. Charlie and Vaggie are waiting to ruin your life in the best possible way. And trust me—you’re going to fall so hard you’ll be speaking in demonic tongues and drawing fanart at 3 AM just like the rest of us.
Hell is forever, but Chaggie is eternal. ♡
Welcome to the hotel, babe. Population: completely obsessed lesbians.


Post a Comment